MFHT, MBTPA, CNHC Registered, Cert ECBS, Cert ITEC
When we are facing pain, stiffness, stress or anxiety it can be easy to feel frustrated with life and be unsure how to get the help and relief we need.
I understand this from my own experience. I remember well the relief I felt many years ago when I discovered complementary therapy and how much difference it made to my life. So much so that I decided to train for myself, first in Reflexology and later in the Bowen Technique. I would love to be able to pass on that experience so that you too can feel the benefits. Trust me, you’ll never look back.
Life is busy and we tend to rush around from one thing to the next. This puts a level of strain on our bodies & minds which sometimes manifests in an injury with pain or stiffness or sometimes we feel anxious and our stress levels rise. Complementary therapy is the best way to prevent this physical and emotional stress and tension building up which so often is the root cause of our discomfort. I still have regular treatments – I couldn’t really manage without them!
I’ve been practising for over 13 years and since 2010 my base has been in Ilkley. I decided to focus on just two therapies so that I could specialise in them and gain a deeper understanding of each of them: their strengths, their application and the results they achieve. It has also allowed me to focus my time and attention on them and each year I am able to undertake Continuing Professional Development in both therapies.
This specialised approach has allowed me to realise that these two therapies complement each other perfectly: they both tap into the body’s ability to heal itself but each offers a slightly different angle and I can discuss with you which would be most beneficial to you at this moment in time.
If you have any queries or just want to chat about whether complementary therapy can help you, please do get in touch. Take a look at my Contacts page to see all the ways you can do so and check out my Clinic information to see where I am and how easy they are to get to.
- Certificate of Proficiency as an Accredited Practitioner of The Bowen Technique issued by the European College of Bowen Studies (now known as the College of Bowen Studies)
- Diploma in Reflexology with Distinction by the International Therapy Examination Council (ITEC)
- Diploma in Anatomy and Physiology Theory with Credit by ITEC
- Emergency First Aid at Work certificate
Since qualifying I have undertaken a significant amount of post-graduate study, most notably:
- Bowen Therapy for the lower limbs – focussing on imbalance of the knees & ankles and the impact this can have on the lower back
- Bowen Therapy Shoulder and Pelvic focus workshops – focussing on stiff & frozen shoulders and lower back, hip or thigh pain
- Bowen Therapy Neurological – application of the technique for neurological conditions and neural referred symptoms such as sciatica and pins & needles
- Bowen Therapy Body Reading – Observation of Functional Movement i.e. how we move and inter-connect
- Bowen Therapy for TMJ & Respiratory – focussing on neck pain and releasing the breathing
- Bowen Therapy Practitioner Development workshops
- Muscle Energy Techniques – gentle stretching techniques
- Fertility and Maternity Reflexology – balancing the body ahead of conception or through pregnancy
- Lymphatic Drainage through Reflexology
- Advanced Reflexology techniques
- Reflexology in Palliative care
- Registered for Bowen Therapy and Reflexology with the CNHC, the Complementary and Natural Healthcare Council, which is the government sponsored UK voluntary regulator for complementary healthcare practitioners. The register is approved as an “Accredited Register (AR)” by the Professional Standards Authority (PSA) – an independent body accountable to parliament which set up the AR scheme in 2012 to offer enhanced protection for anyone seeking health and social care services that are not statutorily regulated.
- Member of the Federation of Holistic Therapists, a professional therapist association who ensure their practitioners are qualified, professional and insured. The FHT also provide national standards in training and Continuing Professional Development and members adhere to a strict Code of Conduct.
The register of qualified therapists held by the FHT is also an Accredited Register with the Professional Standards Authority which means that the FHT has satisfied the PSA that it meets its high standards. It is a mark of quality.
- Member of the Bowen Therapy Professional Association, the largest professional association of Bowen Technique therapists which also operates a strict Code of Conduct and sets high standards for Continuing Professional Development.